So we are over 48 hours into Nate being home, and we couldn't be happier. Well I take that back, we could be happier if Aiden was home as well.... but it is going to be a while for him. Kyle went down today to see him after school and Aiden had not peed for the day yet. So again another time we will pray for a body function. He is still not showing interest in taking his bottle. He is our lazy boy and would rather everyone else do it for him. Nate is adjusting well to be home, but he is a very loud sleeper. Constantly cooing and grunting, which is very reassuring to us since he has had problems with not breathing in the past. Being so tiny I run to him every time he cries not wanting him to be "alone". Which I know I need to get over that quick because I am not going to be able to be there for both of them all the time, and I can not shield them from everything. I am learning to sleep when he sleeps some of the time during the day. Kyle and I are taking shifts with feeds. One of us will do the 12am and 3am feeds and the other will do the 6am and 9am feeds. This way we can at least get a few hours of sleep as a block of sleep instead of our sleep being broken up into 3 hour intervals. It seems to be working well, so hopefully it works when Aiden comes home as well.
Monday, December 3, 2007
The joy continues
December 3, 2007


So we are over 48 hours into Nate being home, and we couldn't be happier. Well I take that back, we could be happier if Aiden was home as well.... but it is going to be a while for him. Kyle went down today to see him after school and Aiden had not peed for the day yet. So again another time we will pray for a body function. He is still not showing interest in taking his bottle. He is our lazy boy and would rather everyone else do it for him. Nate is adjusting well to be home, but he is a very loud sleeper. Constantly cooing and grunting, which is very reassuring to us since he has had problems with not breathing in the past. Being so tiny I run to him every time he cries not wanting him to be "alone". Which I know I need to get over that quick because I am not going to be able to be there for both of them all the time, and I can not shield them from everything. I am learning to sleep when he sleeps some of the time during the day. Kyle and I are taking shifts with feeds. One of us will do the 12am and 3am feeds and the other will do the 6am and 9am feeds. This way we can at least get a few hours of sleep as a block of sleep instead of our sleep being broken up into 3 hour intervals. It seems to be working well, so hopefully it works when Aiden comes home as well.
So we are over 48 hours into Nate being home, and we couldn't be happier. Well I take that back, we could be happier if Aiden was home as well.... but it is going to be a while for him. Kyle went down today to see him after school and Aiden had not peed for the day yet. So again another time we will pray for a body function. He is still not showing interest in taking his bottle. He is our lazy boy and would rather everyone else do it for him. Nate is adjusting well to be home, but he is a very loud sleeper. Constantly cooing and grunting, which is very reassuring to us since he has had problems with not breathing in the past. Being so tiny I run to him every time he cries not wanting him to be "alone". Which I know I need to get over that quick because I am not going to be able to be there for both of them all the time, and I can not shield them from everything. I am learning to sleep when he sleeps some of the time during the day. Kyle and I are taking shifts with feeds. One of us will do the 12am and 3am feeds and the other will do the 6am and 9am feeds. This way we can at least get a few hours of sleep as a block of sleep instead of our sleep being broken up into 3 hour intervals. It seems to be working well, so hopefully it works when Aiden comes home as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment