

June 14, 2007 brought such great news. There were many measurements and pictures to be taken at this ultra sound. Our little beans were sprouting, starting to look like little people not little pinto beans. It is amazing what 4 weeks of growth can tell you. Heart beats are wonderful, there are little stubs for arms and legs, and a distinctive head and torso. After scan after scan there is still no sign of a membrane. We have basically come to terms with the fact this would be a difficult pregnancy. After about 30 minutes the ultra sound tech asked if she could do a 3D ultra sound on me. I was ecstatic! I had seen them from friends babies when they were in their 3rd trimester, but wow we get to have one and we are only 11 weeks and 5days! After some very interesting pictures and blobs of flesh and twirling umbilical cords, still no membrane to separate our little guys. She was about to stop and let me towel off the cold gel when she pressed a little bit harder and said wait a minute I think I see something. Kyle grips my hand tightly and says, "Oh God please don't say it's third one." She chuckled and said, "No I think it's the membrane!". I burst into tears. This was the best news we could have heard that day! She passed over it again and sure enough it was a membrane, the very membrane that would play a very important role in our babies lives for the next few months to come.
It was so wonderful to leave our second ultra sound with such great news. A weight had been lifted off our shoulders, and made our hearts a little lighter in knowing that our babies were still rare being identical (since they share a placenta), but not as rare as we were first diagnosed.


No comments:
Post a Comment