Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Roller coaster of a day




September 5, 2007 was one of the worst days in our pregnancy so far. This is my post from that day from my other blog.

Today we had our ultra sound and doctors appointment. I am 23 weeks and 5 days. The twins were diagnosed with TTTS Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. www.tttsfoundation.org This is a great website that can explain it better than I can. But all in all, Nathaniel whom is on my left is larger then Aiden on my right. Nathaniel weighs 1lb 6oz, and Aiden only weighs 1lb. That doesn't seem like a huge difference but it is. Aiden only ha about 1/4 of the amniotic fluid and Nathaniel has the other 3/4. This is what we had been praying wouldn't happen. I am waiting to hear from the ultra sound techs to find out when we will go to the specialist at Children's Hospital. There I will have a full day of tests that will include an extensive ultra sound, heart echo's, possible MRI, and then we will meet with the board of Doctors and find out what all of our possible options are. Friday will be my last day at work, he no longer wants me to work. I am not on bed rest yet, but they will talk about those options as well during our visit to Children's.

No comments: