Thursday, November 8, 2007

Home from sugery, 13 needle sticks and bed rest to boot

September 20, 2007
Hey everyone. Surgery went well. I am very sore, the incision is very small, but they passed over my uterus 3 times, so my insides hurt pretty bad. During surgery the doctors have found out that Nathaniel our larger baby has 85% of the placenta. Aiden the smaller baby only has 15%. They didn't think Aiden was going to make it over the first 24 hours while I was in the hospital after the surgery. I had surgery Tuesday morning, it started at 8am, and it ended around 11. After cutting all the ties between both babies (13 vessels total), as I said they were not sure if Aiden would make it the first 24, let alone 48 hours. Yesterday morning I had an ultra sound to see how the babies hearts, bladders, and other organs were working, and to see if Aiden was doing ok. My doctor was shocked with how well BOTH babies are doing. Since we found out 2 weeks ago, Nathaniel has went from 1lb 6oz to 1lb 9oz, and Aiden the smaller baby has went from only 1lb to 1lb 6 oz! He has gained 6 oz and Nathaniel has gained 3oz! God truly is amazing and is facing this challenge and holding my babies hands through all they have been so far. I came home yesterday afternoon since the doctor was so pleased with the outcome of the surgery. This morning Aiden was actually the one who woke me up by giving me a swift kick in my ribs :) Believe it or not, that is such a wonderful feeling when you are not sure the fate of your unborn child. Today I am 25weeks and 5 days. We really are taking everything day by day, and every minute counts with this. I have tons of new ultra sound pictures that I will have Kyle scan in for me since I am not to get up unless I need to use the bathroom, and when I do that I have to combine my trips to the fridge as well. I will keep everyone updated on progress of the boys, we have to have an ultra sound twice a week to check their health and development. We want to thank everyone for their love and support in this trying time.

xoxo
kat

No comments: