Thursday, November 8, 2007

Update on the boys

September 21, 2007
Today we had an ultrasound and an echo. There was no change positive or negative. Which is not great but obviously it is not bad. The doctor said so far there is no reason I need to deliver right now, so we will wait another week. We are really going week by week now. He wants to wait at least 2 more weeks so the boys can gain some weight. Obviously if they are still doing well in 2 weeks, then e will still go week by week and determine if it is ok to keep baking them, or if it is better to bring them out so they can help them in NICU.

We are well over the 72 hour mark, which we didn't even think Aiden was going to make it past the 24 hour mark. Our babies are fighters thats for sure. So now, every Monday and every Thursday I have an ultra sound so they can monitor them closely.

Bed rest is getting a little boring, but it is going to make me gain weight which in turn will make our babies gain weight, so that is another sacrifice I am happy to make.

I am still a little bit sore from surgery, but they said it will take a little time for that to pass. The incision looks pretty good, the stitches are on the inside and those will dissolve, and there is basically super glue on the outside holding it together.

Everyone who has been bringing meals I would like to thank you so much. It is nice to know that we don't have to worry about when we are going to have time to go to the store or what we are going to have for dinner, and when Kyle is at work, that leaves Adam and I here and I am unable to stand for long periods of time, so me standing up to make a meal is not going to happen.

I will continue to keep everyone informed on our progress. I am just glad to be able to take time to sit and thank God over and over for standing up to the challenge of our true God sent miracles.

No comments: