Monday, November 26, 2007

Homeward Bound!

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great turkey day! Things are great at the Wilkinson/McLane/Clark house! Today they moved them into a regular crib! I got to feed both Aiden and Nathaniel from a bottle :) Nate is taking 4 of his feeds from a bottle and the rest will be in gavage feeds by gravity. (they put the feed in a small syringe and let it drip down his feeding tube) Aiden is now taking 1 feeding a day with a bottle, today being the first day, and the rest of his feeds are going to done with a pump that is hooked up to his feeding tube that will go over a half hour. They bumped up Aidens calories so he can gain some more weight since he is behind in his weight gain. Aiden weighs 3lbs 2oz (which is 1lb 4 oz more than when he was born) and Nate weighs 4lbs 1oz (which is almost 2 pounds more than when he was born). The Resident doctor told me today that as long as Nate does well on his feeds today and tomorrow that he will go to on cue feedings. That means when Nate wakes up and seems hungry, they will feed him, just like here at home. The doctor also said Nate will be home in 2 weeks or less! It is time to freak out! Aiden will be only a week or 2 after him. Their goal is to get them both home by Christmas. Exciting news! I will keep everyone updated and I will make sure I have some new pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

nancy said...

How exciting... I hope they continue to do well and do fine. Hope they thrive when they get home... Keep us posted.

Nancy and Tyler